Senior Mechanical Maintenance Tech
We are hiring a Mechanical Technician to join and expand our maintenance team!
You will operate, troubleshoot, and repair plastic injection molding machinery and equipment, as well as identify areas of improvement to increase efficiency. Minimal building maintenance, as needed. The ideal candidate would have experience with pneumatics, electrical systems, and hydraulic systems.
Primary objective of the Job:
Install, maintain, and repair machinery and/or equipment.
- Operate, maintain and clean manufacturing machinery and equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair any mechanical failures.
- Perform daily preventative maintenance on equipment in production areas.
- Troubleshoot PLC hardware and software issues.
- Diagnose, analyze and repair electro-mechanical and instrumentation equipment using meters, gauges and other testing methods.
- Apply knowledge in electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, or pneumatic devices and principles to install, repair, and/or replace defective equipment.
- Assist supervisor in writing and updating standard maintenance procedures and work instructions. Verify accuracy of work instructions in assigned areas and suggest changes to supervisor/team leader.
- Prepares work areas to ensure tools needed are available and in proper working order.
- Troubleshoots and resolves equipment problems while demonstrating proactive maintenance concepts and employes best practices.
- Complete/perform PM assignments and documentation as scheduled.
- Effectively communicate with Team Leaders and Supervisors regarding safety/quality/production concerns.
- Maintains good housekeeping using the 6S principles .
- Identify need of replacement or of new equipment and inform supervisor.
- Provide engineers necessary information for continuous improvement strategies and assist supervisor in writing and updating standard preventive maintenance procedures and work instructions.
- Be cooperative with co-workers in order to maintain a good working environment.
- Responsible to attend any training classes scheduled by supervisor.
- Focus on safety at all times – safe working habits, safe work area, and follow all general industrial safety guidelines. Contact supervisor or team leader if any safety problems are observed.
- Complete work orders and requests in a timely fashion
- Perform routine preventative maintenance
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in production, manufacturing or other related fields. Experience in injection molding plastics highly preferred.
- Familiarity with schematics and technical drawings
- Familiarity with manufacturing machinery and equipment
- Ability to handle physical workload
To apply, click this link and complete: